Yesterday the National Preservation Conference started quietly. Attendees wandered around scoping the city, trying the food, catching up with old friends. And in a real estate charrette, a group of preservationists put their minds to action and took on the challenge of envisioning restoring and reusing Indianapolis' Old City Hall. (Build in 1910 and vacant since 2008, Old City Hall needs a total systems upgrade and a plan for its revitalization.) Check out the highlights below followed by events attendees should keep in mind for the rest of today.
Things to know for October 30, 2013:
- Registration closes at 7pm. Located in Union Station outside the Expo hall.
- Opening Plenary takes place at the Hilbert Circle Theatre from 5-7pm. Buses leave the Omni at 4:30pm
- Opening Reception is following the plenary at the Athenaeum. Buses will leave from the theatre with limited busing from the Omni.
- Tweetup is around 7:15pm following the Opening Plenary at the reception. Meet on the second floor by the Burgundy chair.
- Note: There is one room change. The session "Your Conference: Fit to a T" is now occurring in Grand Central in the Crowne Plaza.